Chicken Shorba | Spiced Chicken Soup | Healthy Chicken Soup Recipe | Murgh Shorba | Chicken Shorba Soup | Chicken Soup Recipe | Soup Recipe | Chicken Soup Indian Style
Ingredients for Chicken Shorba:
– Chicken pieces with bones- 300-350 gms
For the Chicken stock:
– Ghee (clarified butter) or Butter- 3 tbsp
– Onion, diced- 1 onion (60 gms)
– Garlic with skin, crushed- 6 cloves
– Coriander(cilantro) stems/stalks, roughly chopped- 1/2 cup (30 gms)
– Crushed black pepper- 1 tsp
– Salt- 3/4 tsp
– Water- 1 litre
– Turmeric Powder- a pinch (1/8 tsp)
For the Shorba:
– Shredded chicken from cooked chicken pieces- 3/4 cup (from making chicken stock)
– Salt for seasoning- 1/2 tsp or to taste
– Crushed black Pepper- 1/2 tsp
– Garam Masala Powder- 1/4 tsp
– Fresh Cream- 4 tbsp
– Coriander(cilantro) leaves, fine chopped – 2 tbsp
– Peel and dice the onion, roughly crush the garlic cloves and roughly chop the coriander/cilantro stems.
– To make the Chicken stock, take a cooking pan or pot and heat the ghee.
– Add the crushed garlic and the cubed onion and fry on high heat for 2 mins till the onion becomes soft.
– Now add the chopped coriander stems, give a mix and fry on medium heat for a minute till everything is soft and light browned.
– Add the chicken pieces and the crushed peppercorns, mix and continue to fry on high to medium heat for 5-6 mins till browned.
– Now add a pinch of turmeric and salt and mix & cook on low heat for 2 mins.
– Add a litre of water, mix and cover & cook on low heat for 30 mins.
– Switch off heat and allow it to cool a bit before straining the chicken stock in a strainer.
– Take out the cooked chicken pieces too and shred the chicken pieces.
– To make the Shorba, add the strained chicken stock back to the pan/pot and heat it. Also add 3/4 cup shredded chicken pieces and give a mix.
– Add the salt, crushed pepper and Garam masala powder, mix and cook on low heat for 2-3 mins.
– Now add the fresh cream and give a mix. Mix and stir on low heat for 2-3 mins.
– Garnish with fine chopped coriander leaves.
– Add a dash of lemon while serving the Shorba in a bowl.
– This will yield 4 bowls of short/soup.
#chickenshorba #spicedchickensoup #chickensouprecipe #chickensoup #murghshorba #healthychickensoup #spiceeats #spiceeatsrecipes #spiceeatschicken